Malaysian Drivers
Well, what else can be said about us?
On the way back from Nilai to drive my younger sister back home, I encountered no less than three separate accidents. The week before when I did the same routine with my younger brother, there were seven!
Malaysians seem to think little about their safety on the roads.
That and our tendency to slow down and gawk at the accident sites are pretty damn irritating.
One search on Google will reveal ample examples on various news reports and blogs on Malaysian drivers.
I doubt our poor attitude on the road would improve in the near future. Deterrents such as heavy fines and campaigns seem to do little good.
"There’s a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin’ like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah"
-- "Riders On The Storm" by The Doors

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home