Cheap Chinese Labour
So today me and my brother had to finish up on some hastily prepared portfolios on my dad's business for some rather official presentation.
Problem was, someone lacked coordination in doing planning it. Long story short, we had to print tiny-font captions, cut them out and paste onto so-and-so appendices and the appropriate photographs to go with it.
Repeat for 6 copies.
It was tedious stuff. You have two boys with 5 years of college between them and they are stuck with cuting and pasting stuff like 10-year olds. I don't mean to feel snobbish or demeaning, but at that moment I feel entirely overqualified to do something as tedious as having glue plastered over my fat fingers. My brother, being the consumate professional and the serious type, went about it stoically with barely a complaint.
When our father asked how we were progressing, I replied in jest it felt ridiculous and he's employing us like some cheap chinese labour. He proceeded to laugh uncontrollably, and still guffaws about it several hours later.
Oh well. Just another day in the office.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home