Friday, December 24, 2004

Voices & Messages From The Past

It's Christmas time, and that means getting and sending messages to people whom I have not met for the whole of the year.

Yeah, I'm that reclusive.

First up was my ex. Sometimes I wonder if I should call her that, what we had was more like a spur-of-the-moment fling, perhaps a diversion on what was a stressful time of her life.

Anyways, we still maintain a friendship, if not very communicative by the time it ended. The still-on-speaking-terms-but-awkward-to-talk, that is. Her getting married is one deterrent ^__^;;

I SMS-ed to her wishes the best of wishes and etc, the usual holiday greetings. Wasn't really expecting a reply, but I got one anyway. Short, informal. And lo and behold, I got a reply. Also short and informal.

Well.

*pauses for effect, then shrugs*

Moving on, next up was another girl, this time a bit international ;) Singaporean lass and also happily married by now. A e-card from out of the blue, even though we haven't communicated in the whole year. Proves that women are more decisive and sensitive when it comes to friendship and relationship matters.

And then finally, I've got a call from a ex-colleague this afternoon. This time, the girl is not married but in a state of limbo (not-yet-engaged-but-somewhat-so). Anyways, she called me to chat up on all times, dropping hints on getting me to buy her lunch or something. Smirking and joking throughout the phone call like a coupla gossiping maids.

Let's see, what else happened? Oh yeah, a Xmas SMS from Saffron.

I was also bugged to go to Lancelot's Christmas-dinner-thingy (not Christians but celebrating for the heck of it). Didn't go, as I lack the means to go. Looks like I missed out on the turkey and various wines his family had prepared -___-

So how did I spend my Christmas eve? Spent a coupla of hours on Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne; eventually dying after levelling up and died before a save >___>

And oh, writing this blog. Some dangerous living eh?


Bah, humbug.

1 Comments:

Blogger Saffron said...

I lost track of who I SMSed on Christmas eve. Don't you feel even more special now? *grins*

December 26, 2004 at 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home