To Hell and Back
Yesterday, me and Lance went up to Kuala Lumpur. What was our objective, I really had no idea. All I know was that we wanted to pass a boxed copy of World of Warcraft to Frostheart.
And perhaps to meet up with a few friends.
It turned out that Lance hadn't planned anything too. In the morning, I was in Muar helping my sister on our family business. Right after that, I was back in Melaka, and at afternoon, in Lance's car towards Kuala Lumpur.
On hindsight, we shouldn't have left so early.
Frosty wouldn't be free until at night. Taste, whom we called just to meet up, was the same. Saffron said she could meet us -after- dinner. Jimbo would be busy until after 7.
So it ended up that we were walking in Midvalley, browsing MPH (and me discovering a small section of licensed, English translation of manga with freaking expensive tags) and walking the length and width of South-East Asia's largest mega mall.
I think I might have made a bad impression with Lance, cuz this is perhaps the longest stretch of hours with him in one single place. I don't like being in a place (other than my own room) doing nothing. I think I annoyed Lance with my constant badgering of the time and saying "So, what next?" :P
But things soon worked out, as I finally gave in and bought a glorified radio called the Creative Muvo V200, setting me back by some RM379.00. At the same time, I got a call from my sister complaining about her PC's speed, which I know was due to RAM shortage. So I coughed up several more bills to get some.
Bad news soon followed, as one by one our other appointments came in negative. Frosty's phone was at home and dead, so we couldn't get a hold on him (we didn't think of calling or telling him -before- we went up). Taste, whom we -did- call in the afternoon, left us with the famous words "I'll call you back later" and never did, leaving us in no doubt that he has forgotten. Saffron, eh, made some excuses via IM later and said she would meet us the next morning (today). Of course, that didn't happen either.
In any case, we did meet up with Jimbo at Damansara Utama later in the evening, after enduring some harrowing traffic directions. Jimbo brought us to his new house dubbed the House of Pain. It was a brand new appartment, so new that most of the block had some unfinished touches (elevator with temporary panels, renovations in progress etc).
Ditching Lance's car in the apartment's parking lot, we took Jimbo's battered vehicle at moderately neck-breaking speed to enjoy a BBQ/Steamboat place dubiously-named "Restoran Talipon". We had a nice dinner there, except for the fact that Lance accidentally spilled a bowl of clear soup on one leg of my pants. I ribbed him about it endlessly. We were also greeted by another high-schoolmate, who saw the debacle from across the restaurant.
After dinner, we then proceeded to a Cyber Cafe, where we enjoyed (term used extremely loosely) a couple of hours of Counter-Strike. I'm not overly fond of the game as I'm more of the "charge & die" variety, but there were some moments when my suicidal rampages with the auto-shotgun surprised many.
By the time we were back at Jimbo's place it was already 2.30AM. We wanted to have dim sum breakfast and wanted to leave the appartment by 7AM, so what did we do? Play cards until 4AM.
The next morning, we finally did caught up with Frosty, and finally delivered the box to him. The good deed done, we then proceeded straight to Melaka.
It was perhaps Lance's last visit to Kuala Lumpur before leaving for his study in Australia, so I imagined he was more than a little disappointed in not seeing the people we hoped to see; even if he did not show any signs of that. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
In any case, I've got a brand new mp3/wma player and itchin' to try it out the next time I get on the highway.

2 Comments:
You were supposed to call me on Friday night and tell me where to meet up. :p No call came. Instead I got a message to meet you guys for breakfast the next morning, at the unholy hour of 8am. No one wakes up that early for breakfast on a weekend, darling, NO ONE.
Only you crazy-ass Melaka freaks. *grins*
*hold WoW box up to the skies ala Moses and his ten commandments stone tablet*
Post a Comment
<< Home