Bleargh
I enjoy eating junk food. I can say I can polish off a bag or two by myself while watching a football match.
Barely twenty minutes ago I saw something I haven't tried before: the new Twisties Fizz. Couldn't find a corporate site or image for the product, but Google thrown up somebody's blog with the pic. Couldn't care less about linking it anyway.
Whoever designed the packaging deserves to be shot. It shares the trademark yellow background as the other Twisties flavours, but with a blue color in the middle and white bubbles framing the word "FIZZ" proudly. I had to do a double take because I thought someone had misplaced detergents in the shelf.
At the bottom right corner which usually states the flavor was just a simple "aaaah...", illustrated with an exposed tongue covered with the same bubbles. I was wondering what exactly does it taste like, canned soda? Way to go to promote it, at least it pricked my curiousity to buy this POS.
I mean, it's Twisties, what can go wrong? The other flavours are pretty much enjoyable.
So when I had my first taste I nearly vomitted. Your tongue would be assaulted by sourness, followed by that hollow, "airy" feeling. You know, like accidentally eating crackers or peanuts that have been left exposed to the air. Like opening a can of soda and swallowing a big gulp of air from the can.
I was like "OMG that really sucked... well let's try another bite. OMFG it REALLY sucked!"
Without further ado I crumpled the pack and threw it away. It's horrible. Terrible! How did it ever pass Quality Control or the food tasters? I give it a complete "Yucks!"
Minutes later, as I type this blog, I'm still resisting the urge to throw up. The taste really lingers, thats for sure. It would be ideal to make people swear off eating junk food. "See, if you eat too much junk food your taste buds will be ruined!"
Bleargh.

3 Comments:
Thanks to your descriptive para, I now know what to avoid when buying junk food.
POS, hahaha. Serves you right for forsaking Pringles. :D
haha , just like when my house mate decided to purchase a new drink that cost about 75 cents a bottle. 2 sips from me , 1 sip from him , and the bottle has not been open till now.. The taste, chocolate plus orange plus the gassy feeling ... go figure
nyum interesting, makes me wanna try that junk. you know what they say, bad publicity is better den no publicity. LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home